It's 10 pm. Do you know where you and your loved ones are? Here is a collection of experiences from those who live / have lived with an obsessive MMOG gamer and from those who have lived the experience of obsessive MMOG gaming.

Thursday, May 27, 2004

"...He started back up with EQ and it became worse then before.He quit playing EQ and went to Dark Ages of Camelot. I had to get my own computer because he was never off of the one we had.I played to try to spend time with him.Soon he switched to Star Wars. Eventually I realized that I was spending more time on the game to hang out with him.So I quit playing.I knew that just because I quit didn't mean he would.I wasn't going to waste my life in a game just to hang out with my husband.Then he quit Star Wars and went to AO. After a while with that he played Horizons.Now he is playing Lineage and waiting for the new EQ to come out. That or World of Warcraft.Now it is worse then ever before.He comes home from work, plays on the game, eats dinner at the computer and is still playing when I go to bed at night. In the morning, he eats breakfast at the computer and plays until he has to go to work and he plays when he comes home for lunch.There isn't a time when he is not playing.He hasn't done anything to work on our marriage, or on his relationship with the kids.I feel like I've done all the work in keeping our marriage together.So I've reached a point where I'm done.I'm done trying, I'm done working on something that isn't there."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home