It's 10 pm. Do you know where you and your loved ones are? Here is a collection of experiences from those who live / have lived with an obsessive MMOG gamer and from those who have lived the experience of obsessive MMOG gaming.

Saturday, March 19, 2005

"Hi. I'm really shocked to see how many people are experiencing the same problem I am. Last November my boyfriend of almost 2 years told me that he wanted World of War Craft. Now okay...I have no idea what this is. All I know is it is a computer game. So I bought it for him for Christmas. That has to be the stupidest thing I have ever done....

He plays it the moment he wakes up until the time he goes to work. He goes to work (I bring him dinner there sometimes) and he's looking up stuff about World of Warcraft. He then comes home, grabs dinner, and then sits and plays from 11pm to about 3:30am. Then he gets up and repeats the process. He neglects things he should be taking care of, like getting his car inspected (I had to make the appt. for him) and just doing normal every day things.

Now don't get me wrong it isn't that I don't want him to play it. I mean I have hobbies too and friends I go out with, but it is just that it is taking up about 80% of his life. He thinks that if he goes out to dinner with me or a movie and then goes home and jumps on the computer all of a sudden it is okay. It's not okay and I've tried talking to him about it so many times and every time he says that he'll limit his game playing and every time it becomes a bunch of bull.

For instance we discussed it on Monday and decided that he would only play at 11pm after I go to sleep and he gets home from work (he works 3-11) and if he has the day off we spend it together...no Warcraft until 11pm. He couldn't even keep it for a day. At 10 o'clock I decided I was going to get ready for bed (and I thought we could just lie together for like an hour while I fall asleep). Stupid me. The moment I said I was going to go brush my teeth he said "Can I go play now?" I just lost it. We got into a huge argument about it and I started questioning myself, "what does a game have that is so alluring that I don't". He came to bed at 3:30 after playing and I was awake..no apology...no attempt to even work this out.... I feel as though it is just going to get worse and I don't want to wait around for that. I'd rather know now that he's going to break my heart than get engaged and married and always wonder when he is going to finally choose me over the game."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Strange...
WoW is one of the least intensive games around. It is designed for the casual player mostly since it is quite easy to reach the top content within a few weeks. I recommend you be patient a little longer but don't commit to anything yet. If he doesn't snap out of it soon (or even worse if he gets bored and moves over to evercrack) you should think about letting go.

Mar 20, 2005, 10:54:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home