It's 10 pm. Do you know where you and your loved ones are? Here is a collection of experiences from those who live / have lived with an obsessive MMOG gamer and from those who have lived the experience of obsessive MMOG gaming.

Friday, February 25, 2005

"I know every situation is different- but mine deteriorated, I started gently with calmly stating that she was spending too much time playing eq- nothing changed- as time went on I became more assertive about it- still no change- which after that it turned to yelling at her about it- still no change- there were other concerns too- she was neglecting our son during this time and the condition of the house became unliveable- i was trying to clean amd maintain the house and take care of the child, dealing with the school and work an average of 60 hours a week all at the same time- i finally gave her an ultimatum and told her she had a choice to make- she has obviously chosen the game over family. Yes there was some cybering going on- even an eq marriage- she was spending more time on that relationship than the real life stuff- still is from what I hear. Seems to be common that they make the game their prority....If I had it do over again I would have been the one to leave and gone to family services and showed them the state of housekeeping that was going on and charged her with child neglect....One time I came from working a 3-11 shift and he was 11 at the time, and not in the house, I asked her where he was she didn't know he wasn't home! There was a park right behind the house and there was a ball game going on- I found him there- He had gone over there and gotten free food from the concession stand and had been there all evening- one of the coaches asked where his mother was- all I could say it that is a good question! And she couldn't understand why I was yelling! Jeeeeez!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home