It's 10 pm. Do you know where you and your loved ones are? Here is a collection of experiences from those who live / have lived with an obsessive MMOG gamer and from those who have lived the experience of obsessive MMOG gaming.

Thursday, February 03, 2005

A Battlefield 1942 Widow:

"My husband also blew off a holiday (Thanksgiving) to play his on-line game. There have been more than one Saturday where i have gone out for the afternoon without him because he's told me that he's going to stay home and get some work done. When I return to the house, he's playing and nothing is done.

He won't work on the house at all during the winter cuz it's cold, or during the summer because it's too hot.

I begged him to show me how to use the lawn mower (it's funky, please don't think I'm helpless, I'm not) this last summer so that I could mow the lawn, he was doing it about once a month, and only because it was so out of control it was ridiculous.

For over the last year he's been playing a MINIMUM of 3 hours a day, on the weekends it's worse. He thinks if he keeps one side of the earphones off his ear so he can hear if our 3 year old is getting into trouble is "watching" him.

I've been researching the addictive nature of these video games and I will say that I'm almost grateful that he's not playing Evercrack.

For a while now he's been trying to convince me that it's our marriage that is the problem, that we got married under the wrong circumstances, therefore, it's one big mistake as we are the only couple in the HISTORY of the human race to decide to get married because of a baby and he's depressed because of it. I'm beginning to believe that subconsciously he just wants to be left alone to his gaming. I believe that he is addicted to the on-line gaming, and that is the cause of his depression and restlessness."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home