It's 10 pm. Do you know where you and your loved ones are? Here is a collection of experiences from those who live / have lived with an obsessive MMOG gamer and from those who have lived the experience of obsessive MMOG gaming.

Friday, March 25, 2005

"My husband started playing EQ in November 2004. At first I did not think it was a big deal because about once a year he'll buy a game and play it obsessively for a couple months. After about a month of EQ I noticed him playing it a little more obsessively than the previous games. I asked him to stop playing when our ... daughter was born.... He agreed to talk about it when the time came. Well, the time came and went and nothing has changed. At the time I did not realize that he had paid to play online and I agreed to let him play until that time ran out. Well, somehow he took it upon himself to go ahead and pay for three more months.

We keep having these "talks" about how he's playing too much and needs to cut back. When I say he plays too much, the fist thing he does when he wakes up is check "the game". When he comes home for lunch he goes straight to the computer to check "the game" and same thing when he comes home after work. Then after dinner he'll play the game until 1:30 in the morning on work nights and until 6:00 in the morning on weekends. After "the cutting back talks" he'll cut back for a few days and then gradually go back to playing compulsively. In fact, we just had a talk on Sunday and he said he wasn't going to play during the week any more, only on the weekends. That lasted one day. He then changed it to "I'm only going to set up to sell during the week". He still played until 1:30 this morning because he didn't have to go into work until this afternoon.

I don't think these EQ addicts get it. I think my husband is so involved in the game that he doesn't realize what's happening with his family around him. I just don't get these grown ass men and these computer games. What is going on?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home