It's 10 pm. Do you know where you and your loved ones are? Here is a collection of experiences from those who live / have lived with an obsessive MMOG gamer and from those who have lived the experience of obsessive MMOG gaming.

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

"I spent the afternoon/early evening with my folks; while my EQ friend gamed, read, napped and did whatever else grumpy, anti-social bachelors do on Christmas......think Ebeneezer Scrooge!.......

We had a date for later in the evening. I rushed home, grabbed the phone to say that I was on my way to him, and stood there, coat on, keys in hand, while I was told that he had just "accepted" a quest or mission or whatever and to give him a call back in an hour or two.

Yeaah right. Ho ho ho.

Of course, he was not getting that call from me. This fact eventually broke through the EQ haze and about 11 pm I got a phone message [I was snug in bed and sound asleep] "Game's over - I'm waiting on you." {Actual quote}.

That's when the truly creepy, unreal feeling hit. The game was over, all right!

We've spoken on the phone a few times, but I haven't wanted to see him since. That "oogy factor" is just out of control. I've lost respect for him, and won't give up being respected myself.

It's all just too WEIRD."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home