It's 10 pm. Do you know where you and your loved ones are? Here is a collection of experiences from those who live / have lived with an obsessive MMOG gamer and from those who have lived the experience of obsessive MMOG gaming.

Saturday, November 27, 2004

"I started playing EQ in April of 2001 , from that time up to about a year ago I played more and more. I joined higher level guilds and worked my way up to the high end game. We ( my guild ) raided 5 nights a week sometimes for 10+ hours , and being the good raider I was I even went with or lead pick-up raids on our nights off. It came to the point where I worked for 8 hours a day , and played for at least the same amount of time when I got home. Looking back on it now I can say I was definitly addicted. It was always one more AA point, one more level, or we're almost done with the raid. I missed out on alot with my kids because I was tied up in EQ. The number of days I've spent playing ( days played on all of my characters combined = 300+ days ) was all for what? Was it worth missing time with my kids and wife? Looking back on it now I can say no way! It got to the point in my marrige ,when I was spending all hours playing, that my wife went elsewhere for affection. Because I was never available , and constantly went to bed long after she had. It made me seriously consider what I was doing to my family. It took many months of struggling to keep my marrige together. All you wives/ girlfriends out there give your man a copy of this and see what he says. A question for the significant other - How much time have you spent with your wife / kids / girlfriend as opposed to EQ this week? If you can't honestly say that you've spent more time with them then on EQ, then you need to seriously consider what the heck you're doing to your family. I still play eq , I still enjoy playing it , I don't raid , I still chat with my friends in game , and I spend alot more time with my kids and wife. Don't become a victim of a game. Eventually EQ will end , and you will be left with what?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home