It's 10 pm. Do you know where you and your loved ones are? Here is a collection of experiences from those who live / have lived with an obsessive MMOG gamer and from those who have lived the experience of obsessive MMOG gaming.

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

So, Everquest II is out. Will you play it? Have you already bought a copy? Are you still on Everquest? So many questions to ask yourself, and only 24 hours each day to spare. I have been reading off and on about people who have beta-tested the game (for example, see http://everquest.allakhazam.com/news/sdetail4444.html?story=4444). Overall, I do not get a sense that the amount of time played is going to be reduced significantly because of the way the game is designed. The basic idea of real-time / parallel existence is still present. It will be interesting to see how players will decide in the future, whether to stay with EQ, go on to EQII or play both. Or move to a completely new game such as WoW.

Regardless of all these thoughts though, please don't forget to ask yourself these questions:

Am I happy with my real life?
Is someone I love unhappy directly as a result of me simply not being "there"?
Can I look at myself in the mirror without flinching or turning away?

Attempting to answer those questions were what ulimately improved my life. Noone online will ever be able to do that for you in the long run, I can pretty much assure you of that. Good luck and I hope that you will learn how to balance your entire life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home