It's 10 pm. Do you know where you and your loved ones are? Here is a collection of experiences from those who live / have lived with an obsessive MMOG gamer and from those who have lived the experience of obsessive MMOG gaming.

Monday, October 25, 2004

"I thought I had my playing time under control, but I didn't - I was just fooling myself. And the higher the level I got (I left with a level 65 character - highest at the time) the more time you spent.

Not to mention the other chars I was levelling up too.

Now, after 20 years of marriage, I'm alone. I don't blame EQ for it totally, it was just another thing in the mix. However, if I had spent the time I did on EQ with my wife and kids, then I wouldn't be where I am now.

GUYS (I MEAN MEN) IF YOU ARE SPENDING AN HOUR A DAY OR MORE ON EQ YOU'RE SPENDING TOO LONG!!!! End of story. It might be fun, it IS addictive (don't kid yourself) and it WILL (except in rare cases) destroy your relationships. Don't make the mistake I did and think it's all harmless fun. And don't neglect the good friend you have in your wife. No stupid computer game is worth your marriage or your life...."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home