It's 10 pm. Do you know where you and your loved ones are? Here is a collection of experiences from those who live / have lived with an obsessive MMOG gamer and from those who have lived the experience of obsessive MMOG gaming.

Monday, August 23, 2004

"Hi there. I had gone back to your page after finally quitting EQ. My parents and husband tried to have me read these stories in the past, but I was too much into EQ and didn't want to hear any of it. All I cared about were the people who I *thought* were my friends in EQ, raiding and being an officer in my guild. My husband would call my parents crying because he didn't know how to make me less interested in EQ and more interested in him. The truth is, I was playing EQ when I was still single since 2001, and continued playing after I met him. To make a long story short, I now realize how stupid it was to be completely consumed in EQ. All of those long hours leveling up, doing things for people who you *think* are your friends but really don't care about you at all, getting all those AA's and my Elder title or No Drop equipment... it has NO meaning behind it.

I realized how special my husband was, and that I wanted to live a life away from the computer. It wasn't fair how I ignored him and lied to my family and him about playing the game and what I was doing throughout the day. He would work a full day at work, come home and I was getting ready to raid over making dinner for us. I would stay up playing all night, and he would go to bed in tears because all he wanted was to have his wife back. I am ashamed now that I let it get that extreme, but all I can say now is I LOVE my life away from EQ now. My husband and I do things together now and live our lives finally. I have a business ... and feel fulfilled making a living for myself that means something. And making money is a bonus instead of all those long hours and years of working on a character and paying Sony for nothing. I only wish it didn't take me almost 3 years to realize it all meant nothing. Most of all, I wish I never would have hurt those who loved me with my addiction. If you are trying to quit, DO IT! I guarantee you will be happier than you ever thought. Delete the game & don't look back. It will be the best thing you have ever done.

... an ex-druid"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home