It's 10 pm. Do you know where you and your loved ones are? Here is a collection of experiences from those who live / have lived with an obsessive MMOG gamer and from those who have lived the experience of obsessive MMOG gaming.

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

"My husband swears he is not addicted to computer gaming, yet, he is online practically every night. We have been together for a little over two years, married now for 10 months. He has stayed up till 6 in the morning sometimes gaming. He chats with people in the game. It makes me feel so alone. How can I stand his laughing at the online chatting he is doing? He told me last night, after we had another battle about his gaming, that "you knew I was a gamer when you married me and I will not give it up". I tried to be calm. I feel like my heart is breaking, how could he love me, but want to be online instead of spending time with me. I love my husband and want our marriage to work, but I am scared now. I feel like I am alone in the house and he is online gaming. He says the online games are only good if they are multiple online players for him to play with. He wants me to play online too, thinking that if I became interested in the game that would stop my Nagging. How can I do this when I feel so resentful of the game? It is like it is his mistress. We have been trying to have a baby. I tried to explain to him that he would have to spend quality time with a child if he wants to be a good dad. His response was "our kid is going to be a gamer too". I could have become more upset, but I told him that maybe our child might like doing other things instead. I want to become a mother. At this point, I am afraid that I will be a single parent. Not by choice, but by his neglect of family. He is in denial of his obsessive online playing. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, I wish I could be thankful. I just feel so sad."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am going thru the same thing. My husband plays everquest everyday and is the leader of his quild. I try to work and stay out of the house when he is playing because it hurts so much that a game is more important than I am. When I try to talk to him about it he just acts like I am nagging him and tells me to go away he is trying to play his game. He never goes to bed with me. We were trying for a child for a while I have given up on that. I think it was more me than him wanting a child. I dont think he could get off the game long enough to be a dad. He has also started playing dungeons and dragens with some of the guys from his guild that live close by. He spends no time with me ..and if he does he acts like he is doing me a favor by leaving the game to be with me. I am tired of crying over this. I think we will be seperating soon.

Aug 22, 2005, 9:26:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been married for 5 and a half years to an addicted MMORPG gamer. As far as I can tell, it will never change. I told him I wanted a divorce last year. I was serious. He was so devastated that he agreed he had a problem, blah, blah. Then the computer broke, so he had to stop playing. After about a month he swore he would never play that game again, just could he please get another computer. Well, guess what. He's been playing for well over 9 months again. Comes home to play it at lunch. Plays before work. Plays as soon as he comes in the door at night. Plays all night long while I try to do laundry and keep our 3-year-old occupied. Gets up long enough to put the little one to bed ad then straight back to the game until the early morning hours. I'm dead inside to him. I have no warmth or respect. I can't live like this.

Oct 29, 2008, 12:16:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home