It's 10 pm. Do you know where you and your loved ones are? Here is a collection of experiences from those who live / have lived with an obsessive MMOG gamer and from those who have lived the experience of obsessive MMOG gaming.

Sunday, February 12, 2006

"I used to be way addicted to Everquest. I was probably hooked on the game for over 2+ years playing around 6+ hours a day.

It was the cause for a massive amount of weight gain and also withdrawal from society as a whole.

I am everquest free for over a year now and I have lost over 130lb in one year and am in the best shape of my life. The folks that are hooked on everquest in my opinion are highly motivated and focused people. They just have to get their focus away from the game and on LIFE and living. It is a convenient escape and now I see it as a bunch of time that I wasted with zero return.

I look up and I am 27 years old and single. I could have met someone great by now and I lost a lot of time that I am paying for now to get back.

Hope someone finds this as an inspiration, because I know that if you have a loved one hooked on the game, please show them how if they focus their attention somewhere else that they can accomplish great things like I have.

I have never felt better, moved into a new house, and dating and having a blast in real life.

I still play video games, but its on MY schedule and usually only for about 30 minutes at a time and I can always put it down. My loved ones are always first."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home