It's 10 pm. Do you know where you and your loved ones are? Here is a collection of experiences from those who live / have lived with an obsessive MMOG gamer and from those who have lived the experience of obsessive MMOG gaming.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

"I am truly horrified and ashamed for the misery I must have put my life and kids through. I have been reading your posts for a while now and have cut down my game time to maybe 2 or 3 hours between my 2 days off but I must admit it is VERY difficult. I think I have neglected my kids and my wife and now realize that this has got to stop. I love my kids more than life itself and know now what I have to do. Before we married, my wife and I played a lot and even after my first daughter was born, she and I would still play for 8 to 10 hours strait with ... in my wifes lap, breastfeeding. As ... got older, my wife with all her mothering sense just stoped playing and soon it was only me. It is true, even after my second daughter, I have sat there playing while my wife was struggling with the kids and cooking and cleaning. Its a wonder I still have them around. Now, I make sure I love on both kids at least an hour or two a day after work and only play on my days off while the baby ... sleeps. I can only say now that I owe my wife more than just an apology. This valentines day will be the best, well second best (second daughters conception on valentines day 2 years ago ... was the best). I am going to announce that my EQ accounts are not going to be renewed (along with flowers, chocolates and love notes becuase I never forgot). Hard to forget a 2 year courtship ending one very memorable valentines day followed by a marriage in Las Vegas 2 weeks later. We eloped and I am planning to steal her away again, I hope. If I am not too late.... I am very foolish and only hope that I can be forgiven for my failings. I have an addictive personality and had to give up drugs for my wife and although at times crave them as I know I will the game, I can never go back. I feel like I have sworn off a whole set of friends who meant no harm but only got me in trouble. I am not sad though, I have my daughters and my wife ... who I know will fill my life with what I was always lacking. Reality."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home