It's 10 pm. Do you know where you and your loved ones are? Here is a collection of experiences from those who live / have lived with an obsessive MMOG gamer and from those who have lived the experience of obsessive MMOG gaming.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

"I am yet another EQ Widow. I have been with my husband for 10 yrs. We moved from ... to his home state ... two years ago.... I followed after the house sold .... When I got here he still had not gotten a job. I found work ... and took all kinds of courses to become a .... In the mean time he still did not find work. By August of 2004 I had threatened divorce. I finally had to threaten to sell the computers and the televisions before he finally put in 8 job applications. God forbid I would sell the computers. We stayed with his parents for just over a year then we moved over ... to the house he grew up in back in Feb of this year.... There is alot of work that needs to be done. Most people out here heat by wood stove. This means that trees have to be cut down and logs split months before fall and winter get here or they are not cured in time for burning. Well, we haven't done a whole lot since we came over here because he won't help with anything and I refuse to do everything myself. I already take care of my ... Mother who has lived with us as long as he's known me. I also take care of the dog and the cat. I run two motor newspaper routes .... He works one job. He comes home and goes right to his computer room and plays EQ. He usually eats in there. I recently told him that he has got to stop staying up to the wee hours of the morning then sleeping half the day away on the weekends because we are wasting precious daylight that outside things could be getting done in. We had a huge fight a couple of mornings ago which is why I came in search of a support group. I get really tired of have to take care of everything around here, including splitting the wood, cutting it to fit the stove on the saw then stacking it so we can have alternate heat and my electric bill won't be so high. I told him the other morning he was about three seconds away from a divorce and I meant it. Between MOM and I we have enough money to live on our own. He doesn't make enough to live on his own. He recently had a heart attack so the last thing he needs to do on the weekends is sit behind that computer all day and all night. I even called his Mom the other day. I was ready to hold an intervention. He has gotten better since our big blow-up the other day. He has actually done a few things around the house. His behavior is that of a child not an adult. I hate that this game has put us in this position but I don't thing sueing is the answer either. I can't believe how many marriages this thing has ruined. Hopefully I will be able to bring my husband back to reality before it is too late if it isn't already. Mine happens to be his guilds treasurer! I havne't minded him playing his role playing games in the past but this one is different. As we have all found out. I like to play my computer games too but I don't do the role playing thing. I like puzzles and mentally challenging games. Right now he has to get motivated to do all the things we didn't get done over the summer because his whole family is coming here for Christmas dinner and his brother and his ... boys are going to stay a few days. Maybe his brother can talk to him about it while he's here.... If he slips back to where he was a few days ago my next tactic is to ask him how he would like it if I played my computer games and didn't make dinner, or do laundry or do the grocery shopping. How would he like that?! If that doesn't get his attention I don't know what will."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stop enabling him. Letting him eat at his computer is a form of approval

Dec 14, 2005, 11:22:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home