It's 10 pm. Do you know where you and your loved ones are? Here is a collection of experiences from those who live / have lived with an obsessive MMOG gamer and from those who have lived the experience of obsessive MMOG gaming.

Friday, December 09, 2005

"I am an EQA. I fit the description perfectly. My husband is also an EQA. We our leaders of a guild in EQ2. We are both 31, we are both parents of 2 lovely girls. I don't know exactly how our gaming got to this point but it is out of control. It is like it is sucking the life right out of me (us). I was once a great mom, my home was always a nice, cheery place to visit, I used to like to read, workout, play with my kids. It seems lately all of this has come to a screeching halt and I am so tired of it. I'm sick of it all!!!

I can't even remember the last time I read my ...-yr old a story or played with her. My .. yr old daughter is so busy, she is at that akward age where she needs me.. I mean, really needs me, yet I push her away for a dumb ass game that is meaningless... just truly meaningless really. My ... year old hates this game, she says it to us all the time. Normally, I would just tell her it is an alternative to watching TV, but it is not. When you are gaming, you are totally emersed in the game...and for hours. That doesn't happen with TV.

My house is a wreck and my life is a wreck. I feel very unhealthy. I am done with the game. Period. And I hope that my husband will do the same. For all of those hardcore gamers out there that won't listen to reason... quit now.. just STOP!!! Do something else, anything!!! Look at your little girl's face when you shut off your stupid computer and read her a story instead, look at her eye's whenshe is desperately seeking your attention... but the raid you are in is so overly-important. The raid is not IMPORTANT. When you die, you are not going to be remebered for all that uber gear you acquired in those raids, but you WILL be remembered for being a good mother/father/wife/husband. You will be remembered for doing valiant deeds in REAL LIFE. There are other ways to escape and other things to focus on. As long as they are not hurting anyone go DO THEM!!!

This is going to be difficult for me, folks. It is 3 am now and usually I would just be signing off my game around this time, but instead I am cancelling my account and erasing my uber character from all existence. It has been over a year now since I have wasted my time on this godforsaken game and I will waste no more. I have seen

This is what I got from EQ2 :

Unhappy kids.
Loss of friendships. REAL friendships.
Loss of a good job.
Failure in school.
Loss of good health.
Poor sex drive.
Lack of motivation.
Detachment from family.

WOW! What great accomplishments! I must have been crazy to let this go on for so long!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home