It's 10 pm. Do you know where you and your loved ones are? Here is a collection of experiences from those who live / have lived with an obsessive MMOG gamer and from those who have lived the experience of obsessive MMOG gaming.

Friday, September 02, 2005

This email was in my inbox this morning - it's interesting to look back at the beginning of MMORPGs and its original marketing ... thank you very much for the post!

"I just ran across the old box from my copy of EQ: Ruins of Kunark. As I opened it up to break it down for recycling, I scanned the review quotes:

'Even a year after its launch, EverQuest remains the most addictive, immersive, and stunning game you'll sink your free time into.' -PC Gamer

'...it is the most immersive and most addictive online RPG to date.' -IGN.com

'Buy this game for a loved one only if you never, ever want to see them again. EverQuest is responsible for more lost work time and sleepless nights than all
other games released in '99 combined.' -Daily Radar

Right on the box!! These were selling points back then?? F*** you, EQ. I want 4 years of my life, all of my friends, and my body back."

1 Comments:

Blogger klbarrus said...

I don't understand the sentiment expressed in the last sentence. At a certain point, people have to accept responsibility for their "addictions", whether it is playing MMOG's, or something else like watching TV, gardening, gambling, or playing golf.

Sep 2, 2005, 11:17:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home