It's 10 pm. Do you know where you and your loved ones are? Here is a collection of experiences from those who live / have lived with an obsessive MMOG gamer and from those who have lived the experience of obsessive MMOG gaming.

Saturday, July 09, 2005

"Well I am 40 years old single man.

My first introduction to online gaming was Diablo.
I remember playing for hours on end with my buddy.... Later I was introduced to Everquest as my other friends started to play.
I would sit and just watch to see what all the big deal was.
I was soon playing beside them and even converted my brother and a friend ... to the game.
Five years later and even attending a Fan Fair I jumped to Everquest2.
I am now not playing either even thou I think about starting up my canceled accounts. When I finally quit I had 3 accounts, all from scratch.
During my 5 year odyssey I tried to quit by playing other MOPROGs like FFXI, DAoC, and LinageII, but always came back to Everquest.
I finaly quit Everquest when I jumped over to Everquest2.
Due to EQ2's system requirements and the fact that all my friends are no longer playing, I have stopped playing E in any form.

However I am not done with online gaming. Guild Wars is out and have been on that since release.

When I'm not playing online I'm riding my other addiction.
My other addiction is my 2004 Red Honda Reflex scooter.

http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mchonda/reflex.motml

As I post this, my 42 year old married brother calls me to tell me that he is back on EQ1 with a nubie charter.
He tells me about all the new features that are now in the game for a nubie and that he is having fun.
I am contemplating on trying it for a month.

Well I may no longer an EQ addict, but I'm still an online addict."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Bradley Miller said...

Hey,
This is very nice posting you have shared here. Especially you another addiction on riding your 2004 Red Honda Reflex Scooter is really fine. I also have such kind of addiction to ride motorcycle. Thanks a lot for your nice sharing.

Apr 13, 2016, 3:02:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home