There are a few questionaires / surveys out there that you can take to find out if you are addicted to the Internet or videogames. Although useful, I never found them to be really convincing or thought-provoking enough to make me realize that I had better do something during my obsessive EQ gaming phase. I like science like everyone else, but I think when it comes down to more emotional matters, sometimes less objective measures can go a longer way. Anyways, I'm babbling, sorry :)
Here are a couple of questions that come to my mind if I were to design a questionnaire for MMORPGers:
1. What are the first 10 things you do when you get up? Does any of it involve turning the computer on and checking either a message board, a site or the game?
2. Have you ever sat in front of the computer (reading guild posts or logging into the game) in your pyjamas?
3. Have you ever played the game in the dark?
4. Do you leave things (books, plates, cans) next to your computer at times because you did not have the time to get up and put them where they should go?
5. Have you been lately getting extremely bored whenever you sit down with family or friends over dinner and listen to their discussions?
6. Have you ever masturbated while playing the game?
7. Have you created a To Do list for the things you need to get done online?
8. Did anything in game ever make you so mad that you felt like you had to scream or hit the table/wall?
9. Do you feel lonelier when you log out of the game?
10. Do you feel you have a hard time shutting off the computer?
No test results. Just answering the questions should offer some insights.