It's 10 pm. Do you know where you and your loved ones are? Here is a collection of experiences from those who live / have lived with an obsessive MMOG gamer and from those who have lived the experience of obsessive MMOG gaming.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

"... I have been in a realtionship with my addict for several years.In the beginning he was attentive, available etc.The game was always present in some way but not to the extent it is now.When he quit EQ a year and a half ago-I was estatic.I really truly believed that it was the end of his dependence and I was overjoyed that he did it on his own accord.The aftermath is he picked up WOW instead.He recently quit his job and plays from the minute he wakes up till he goes to sleep.If I'm lucky we hsve short coversations when I get home from work-maybe eat dinner at his desk (while Teamspeak is going and the game), and occasionaly when he doesn't have a raid we might hang out for a hour.Lately as minimal as this sounds as far as interaction..its sunk to a whole new low.When I'm at his house he barely speaks to me..and has sunk deeper into his depression.Our one hour that we used to spend watching TV has vanished,we don't eat together,we fight constantly and our sex life has drastically declined.Not to mention last week when I got really sick-he did NOTHING.He also did NOTHING when I had allergic reaction ....His response when I let him know that I was having a severe allergic reaction and I was waiting to hear back from the on-call Dr was..'If you need me to quit my raid you better tell me know because if you tell me later I'll be letting 40 people down in my guild.' It was devasting that in the midst of my crisis now I knew that I couldn't lean on him and that "THE GAME" and "THE GUILD" was far more important than me."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

With all due respect... leave while you still can. Going back to being single is hard but are you not alone and single now? His addiction will not EVER change if he dose not relize it is an addiction. You deserve better.

Apr 16, 2006, 2:51:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home