It's 10 pm. Do you know where you and your loved ones are? Here is a collection of experiences from those who live / have lived with an obsessive MMOG gamer and from those who have lived the experience of obsessive MMOG gaming.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

"Its been 7 months since I quit playing and I am so glad that I did. I actually sat down and realized that in the 3 calendar years of having an account. I was logged in for almost 1.5 years. It is a sad commentary on the addiction that the game produces. It has been great to have my life back the last 6 months. I have accomplished more in 6 months than I did from 2/2002 till 6/2005. In addition I have made a decision to get rid of all my video games and systems in favor of physical fitness, historical learning, and real social interaction."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I played from October 2002 to June 2003. I had two characters which were each 11 days old, and I was often tired at work. I then went on holiday for two weeks in Paris, when I returned I deleted the game. Sometimes recently I miss the game, especially the ease of accomplishment (no good at swimming? Push a button for 10 mins and become good). A great game, but very dangerous. Real life is more complicated.

Jan 12, 2006, 11:41:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home