It's 10 pm. Do you know where you and your loved ones are? Here is a collection of experiences from those who live / have lived with an obsessive MMOG gamer and from those who have lived the experience of obsessive MMOG gaming.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

"...always nice to know you are not alone! Crazy thing is never realized and am just becoming enlightened to the fact this is a true and serious addiction rather than a SUPER liking to the game. Also coming to terms with I am his enabler as I watch him play like a loon and never make a big deal about his EXTENSIVE hours so as to keep the peace. On his days off from work he plays a minimun of 12-14 hours and he is off 3 days a week

PLUS plays every night after work 4-8 hours so he is truly addicted. Now that I see this for what it is I plan on addressing it and know it will not be very pleasant and he will be super defensive as he sees NOTHING wrong with it and if he doesn' have this to occupy his time then WHAT will he do. My thoughts are: you can take a shower, get a better job, spend some time with your family, read a book, work on your home you are fortunate enough to own (thanks to me!), etc....soo much else in REAL life that can be equally rewarding. I read some things on line as well that have been helpful. Mine is same with the dinner/meal situation, now I stop calling him he can just come down and find out for himself if dinner has been made. Not even sure the last time we all ate together at the table. I too am in love which is why this has gone on so long however the love is getting stale as time goes on and the problem does not get any better, the respect is pretty much out the window! Guess I thought one day this game would grow old/boring for him but I think Sony would never allow it to get boring hence they would lose money. I go about my social life and stay out however I feel like and he stays home playing."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home