It's 10 pm. Do you know where you and your loved ones are? Here is a collection of experiences from those who live / have lived with an obsessive MMOG gamer and from those who have lived the experience of obsessive MMOG gaming.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

"I got married to my husband, before we entered University. However, we study in different cities. I will be graduating next year, but he has been playing games the whole 3 years of University. He hasn't taken any courses, so he will not be graduating. I used to go to his place on holidays&weekends, and talk, cry, throw things, yell, even hit him (basically go nuts) to persuade him to stop playing, and start thinking of our future. With this problem occupying my mind 24 hours of every single day, I am not doing well at school either, lately. When he's into the game, he doesn't answer his phone, or reply to my e-mails. Everytime it goes on more than a week, I get worried that he might be dead, because he forgets to eat while he's playing. Also, I am so ashamed about it, that I hide it from my friends and family and lie to them that my husband is doing fine over there, and that everything's going great. But I can not go on like this!!! Next week I am going to go there, and bring him here for good. I am hoping if we live together, he will not play and our lives will be normal again. What do you think? Please somebody tell me how I could make my "dead" husband "live" again!!!"

1 Comments:

Blogger J said...

Reposting a response from Lucky:
"In response to the 23 yearold who played the games while the adults drank,I can understand....I did read one sentence about how you said you do not drink like your parents,but you still drink some,am I correct? Trust me one addiction can be replaced by another without you doing so on purpose.I know,I am recovering
from the alcohol/narcotics,and probably anything to numb the pain of being lonely,or feeling out of
control of my life. I only say to be careful with the alcohol.I myself want to say don't drink at all.It can sneak up on you and then you still have to deal with all the pain.Children see,as you know what parents do and think it is ok. I have a son who drinks and I am afraid he is an alcoholic. He is 21,but I see me in him...
I think if you have a addictive personailty,you will always have the tendency to become addicted to
whatever??? That is me..I do not speak for anyone else on this board. I am glad you see what it is you need to do,and best wishes...Would like to know how the wife had been feeling all the time you were playing?"

Nov 3, 2005, 2:12:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home