It's 10 pm. Do you know where you and your loved ones are? Here is a collection of experiences from those who live / have lived with an obsessive MMOG gamer and from those who have lived the experience of obsessive MMOG gaming.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

"My husband began the game in 2000. He also played 7 days a week. On weekends he would easily play for 15 hours straight. On top of all of this, he had gained A LOT of weight from drinking while playing the game. I tried to compromise with him by asking him to play every other day so we could have more family time. He would agree but not follow through. The next raid was more important than the first and he was either finding his corpse or helping someone else find theirs. He would also purchase items from other players, some for pretty outrageous amounts. I take care of our finances so I would notice the draft from our account for the purchased items.

I finally told him last year... if he did not stop disregarding my needs and feelings, throwing away our family's money and ignoring our ... children, he would find himself without a family. He ignored my request, I continued to warn him.... I withdrew my loan application to purchase the house we lived in which required both of us to move. I moved into a weekly rate hotel with the children until they finished school in May, I then moved ... close to my parents. He moved in with his parents .... Our divorce was final in May. I asked for no money from him, I just wanted out.

I got a great job, bought a new vehicle and was really getting my life as a single mother together. He saw what he was losing, he went to counseling for his game addiction, started dieting and exercising and came ... to see me 2 months later.... He had lost all of his weight and looked great. Furthermore, he had stopped playing the game. I still held a lot of bitterness and doubt so I remained in .... He called and asked me to go to counseling with me, etc.. I finally decided to give him the benefit of the doubt. I attended counseling with him. I moved back ... in early September and we were remarried ... after 7 months of seperation and 4 months of
divorce.

He is now clean of EQ and very much a family man. Sometimes they just don't know what they got until it's gone. I'm not promoting divorce but that is what I had to do in order for him to see the light, unfortunately for our children. He has told me numerous times if I had not have left him, he would still be playing EQ.

So, there is still hope."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home